“Ray Charles is what you need to set the mood…Then you slap on your Hot Water Music and just pound the crap out of her.” – Ian Critchley
We’re back again to bring you an eighth dose of Under The Bridge goodness. It’s as crude and laughter-filled as usual, but without Barlow’s Vader-esque breathing. There’s a lot of news in there and we also had a bit of a chat with Well Wisher. All in all, we have an awesome show for you.
This week we chatted about some of the music industry’s more arrogant folks. Kanye west was compared to Morrissey after an outburst about suicide, Barlow’s gone through one of his ‘phases’ again and we don’t fail to bring the laughs with news on Justin Bieber’s latest gaff.
This week’s music was provided by Well Wisher:
- Fill Me, Filmy
- Tops Off
- White Krunk
Go on, have a listen
Under The Bridge – Episode 8: Pegwarmers. (Right click/ctrl + click to download)
Well Wisher Interview
Breaking News: Morrissey Says Something Nice!
- Hails, Doll & The Kicks singer, Hannah Scanlon “the best british singer in years”
- “When I first saw Doll & The Kicks live, I could not, even with the best will in the world, look away,” explained Morrissey. “I can’t be reasoned with where Hannah is concerned – she is the best British singer of recent years. She will sing an entire song without any breathing lulls, and the boys seal her confidence brilliantly. How they work off each other is the most any group could give; the soft tones as arresting as the muscular tones. They certainly deserve far more serious treatment than they have received.”
- “The fact that they remain unsigned is bizarre beyond belief, but insofar as I can tell, the entire point of the X Factor culture is to starve genuine music out of existence – whether that be Doll & The Kicks, or, for that matter, me,” he noted. “What this means, I think, is that, these days, being blacklisted from the game is a compliment, and you can’t continue to pledge allegiance to the world of music if it doesn’t pledge allegiance to you.”
- Hannah said she was honored.
Vans Music Night Details
- Fenix TX headline Stage 1
- Dead Swans headline stage 2
- The lineup is pretty fucked.
The Hold Steady Announce February Dates
- Bristol Academy – 5th February
- Birmingham Academy – 6th February
- Newcastle Academy – 8th February
- Glasgow ABC – 9th February
- Manchester Ritz – 13th February
- Leeds University – 14th February
Frank Turner Minute
- Frank’s new EP will be titled ‘Rock & Roll’ and will be released on December 6th.
First Few Bands Announced For Groezrock
- NOFX, Further Seems Forever, Millencolin, Dashboard Confessional, Piebald and Teenage Bottlerocket all on the bill.
Jerry Lee Lewis writing autobiography
- Plans to release it in 2012
- He says: “I have spent my life listening to those who know so little say so much about me and my life. I am ready to say a whole lot about why I lived my life the way I did. People can read it, burn it, or never give it another thought. Either way the truth is about to be told, and I’m the only man still standing who can touch it.”
Culture Club to reform in 2012
- 30th anniversary tour
- Boy George says: “We’re definitely doing it, in 2012. Our D-Day is April 30, which is the same day as our first-ever single release, “White Boy”… it’s going to be great fun. If we don’t do it now we’ll do it when we’re 60, which will be really tragic.”
- Last played in 2002 for their 20th anniversary
Kanye West Suicided and has album cover banned
- Told the audience watching his film “Runnaway” he had considered killing himself.
- Described himself as a pop icon and a “solider for culture”. Before saying: “I will not give up on life again.”
Justin Beiber Bullied by 12-year old.
- 12-year old boy claims the ‘singer’ hit him during a game of laser tag in Toronto, Canada
- The kid apparently cornered him, shooting him repeatedly, before Bieber said enough was enough. The kid responded: That’s enough.” The little kid then asked, “What are you gonna do about it, faggot?”
- Bieber pushed the kid’s hand away, and now the family are suing him for assault.
- Last week’s music was great. I’ve now bought Above Them’s album off iTunes – Simon Lee
- No words of wisdom last week, what gives? – Anon.
Where Can We Find You On The Internet?
- Twitter – AntBarlow
- Facebook – Anthony Barlow
- Blog – willneverearnit.tumblr.com
- Facebook – Harmonica Frank
- Blog – youmakemecringe.tumblr.com
- Stuff worth mentioning
- Abi Thommes Going Underground
- The Xcerts Album Review
- Well Wisher EP review
- Bad Religion – The Dissent Of Man album review
- Oli Wood Interview
- Andrew Jackson Jihad Interview
- Dicking Around in London coming soon
- Jon Snodgrass, Austin Lucas, Cory Branan Video Interview
- Morrissey – Bona Drag (20th Anniversary Edition) album review
- Follow Moon & Back on Twitter @mandbmusic
- Like us on Facebook – Facebook.com/UnderTheBridge
- Rate the podcast on iTunes
- Shout out to Matt Volp for the fantastic new artwork!
- John Berna’s Words Of Wisdom.
- Bird Barlow fancies